As the summer has arrived and I finally have working internet in my new place, I figured it was a good time to put together my summer reading list. These are the books I hope to finish this summer. While extensive, I should be able to tackle it.
- Competition and Entrepreneurship – Israel Kirzner
- Atlas Shrugged – Ayn Rand
Liberty versus the Tyranny of Socialism: Controversial Essays – Walter Williams
- Grand Pursuit: A History of Economic Genius – Sylvia Nasar
Living Economics: Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow – Peter Boettke
- The Tyranny of Clichés: How Liberals Cheat in the War of Ideas – Jonah Goldberg
The Price of Everything: A Parable of Possibility and Prosperity -Russ Roberts (I hope to get the girlfriend to read about economics since this is a novel)
Free to Choose: A Personal Statement – Rose and Milton Friedman
Coming Apart: The State Of White America, 1960-2010 – Charles Murray
- The Storm of War: A New History of the Second World War – Andrew Roberts
Extra Reads- these are all economics books that only nerds like me would read over a summer.
The Economics of Discrimination – Gary Becker
- Price Theory And Applications – Steven Landsburg
- Principles of Economics – N. Gregory Mankiw
15 total should not be too much, but a few of them are quite daunting (Human Action). Hope some other choose one or two of these books to get a discussion going.